C:\> Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Throwing rocks

It is said that those who live in glass houses should not throw rocks.

That bothers me. I mean, no one should be throwing rocks, right? Aren't we adults? Why would anyone want to throw a rock , regardless as to the architectural makeup of one's home?

Throw a dart, yes. A baseball, perhaps. Even a Nerf Football. But who throws rocks? Those are dangerous! I'd hope no one would throw rocks.

As an aside, just where are these glass houses, anyway? I can barely get to sleep if there's a crack of light coming from under the bedroom door or between the curtains in the morning. How could one sleep in a glass house? And wouldn't they be cost-prohibitive? If you could afford a glass house I guess you could also afford some nice expensive things to chunk (btw, does anyone use the word "chunk" to mean "throw" anymore? We used it all the time as kids), so of course they shouldn't be throwing rocks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I didn't have a response to the music entry. I'm still no Springsteen fan, so I couldn't really groove with ya on that one.

Now, glass houses. Hmm. Some drapes might help. I bet Paris Hilton could afford a glass house. With drapes, even. Whether she'd chunk rocks about, I cannot say. Seems the type, though.

Hank said...

Her and Ron Howard. Howard sure seemed to like to throw rocks, along with Andy "Paw" Griffith. They seemed to love chunking rocks into ponds whilst walking barefoot and whistling.

I can't see Paris Hilton walking barefoot near a pond in The Deep South. I'd think she'd be afraid of chiggers and/or leeches.

But I digress.